- There is one living and true God, eternal, creator of heaven and earth. God is manifest in the Godhead of three persons; the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost ( 1:1-2, 26, I John 5:7)
- Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God (John 1:14). Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of a virgin ( 1:21). Through his death on the cross Jesus paid the sin debt (John 3:16).
- The Holy Spirit is active in the world, convicting men of sin, regenerating the repentant, sanctifying believers, and guiding into all truth (IJohn 5:7, John 16;13-15, Gal. 5:16-17).
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant Word of God. The Word of God is the final authority for salvation, faith and conduct of the believer ( 1:16, II Tim. 3:16)
- Salvation, or deliverance from sin, is made possible for all humanity through the sacrificial work of Jesus Christ on the cross ( 1:4, I Pet. 3:18). Salvation is of grace through faith (Eph. 2:8-9).
- Water baptism is an ordinance of the Church that is to be administered to converts upon their confession of Jesus Christ as their personal savior. Baptism is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ ( 28:19, Rom. 6:1-4)
- The Lord’s Supper or Communion is an ordinance of the Church to be observed as a remembrance of Jesus’ sacrifice for the Church (I 11:23-26, Mark 14:22-25).
- The Word of God gives us the promise of Christ’s second coming, just as it did his first coming (John 14:2-3, Acts 1:9-11). The Church must be ready for Christ’s return (Matthew 24).